Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Day to Remember

Well,

I have been slacking off and haven't posted anything for a couple of weeks. Sometimes the break from having to post is nice but then I start to feel guilty and I think, I need to be better.

I have something worthy of posting so i thought I would get busy.



Over the past few weeks, we have been planning a trip to the Green river. This was to be a Boys trip and it resulted in being planned after my brother went over the end of February and knocked them dead. We need to have even numbers as you put 2 in each boat. Well, we have had anywhere from 4, 5 or 6 people that committed to go and we kept having something come up and then we would find someone else. The day before we were to go, we were once again at 5. After talking it over with Tom, we decided to take Nick, My 10 year old son. I was very worried as the Green can be tough and can humble even the best fisherman. Tom arranged for Nick and I to have James as our guide. He is very good and was willing to do what it took for Nick to catch a fish.

Needless to say, he not only caught fish but he killed them. He had caught 19 by lunch time and a total of 32 for the day. He only lost 4 fish all day long. He even caught about 10 more than i did. Nothing could have made the day a better one for me. To see you son do so well, have such a great time, and to do really well at something that can be so difficult is all I could ask for.

1 comment:

Becky said...

SO glad to see that you are alive and well. Sounds like a great fishing experience! We need to catch up...tell your family "hi".