Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Season of Donuts

For those of you that know Stacey, you know that there is one month that seems to be her favorite. Since we met over 20 years ago, she has always told me that she love Halloween. Since the beginning, she has decorated our house and has cooked themed meals but as I truely think about it. I think she just loves the Fall season.
The Change of the leaves.
The Opportunity to clean out Gardens, trim trees, and get the yard ready for "winter"
The cooler weather.
Each child deciding what they want to be for Halloween and then Stacey making it for them.
And then there is the Donuts.

Oh Oh Oh, the Donuts. There is nothing like Grandma Jensen's homemade Spud nuts. I can hardly think of anything else. They melt in your mouth and bring joy to your soul.
When we have someone new that "shows Up" and trys them, they are guaranteed to be here year after year to partake.

The reason I bring this up, is this Saturday, Oct.25, is our Annual Halloween Party. AKA Donut party. It is going to be a really big day.
We have baseball in the morning with Nick. It is also Nick's 10th Birthday. We are baptizing Andrew at 3:00 PM and then we will have our party. I will take some pictures to post for those of you that are unable to partake.

My mouth is already watering but somehow, I will have to wait.

6 comments:

Ann said...

I miss the Halloween party.

Okay, really I miss ALL the parties.

Mouthwatering goodness.

Just so you know, I have checked this everyday. I'm glad the wait is over.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the donuts. I'm so sad that I'm going to have to miss all of those great things, for the BYU game.

The Bushell's said...

cmon John, it only a BYU game. the donuts are worth it...

lee said...

Yeah John, we are tempted to get on a plane and fly out for this big occasion!!! We, too, are jealous and would love it if Rich would put three or four in a nice speedy UPS package to get to our front door Monday morning. Whadda-ya say?

Dont forget that we also want a picture from the baptism.....as well as the party!

The Bushell's said...

The donuts just aren't same the next day. You gotta eat them hot... We will miss you but we will be sure to eat a few in your behalf..

Caitlyn Dixon said...

I'm so sad that I no longer can eat the donuts they are sooo good! Congrats to Drew and Happy Birthday to Nick.