We then had to figure how to get back to Stanley Market. We walked along the main drag and finally found some stairs that took us to the beach and on to the Market place.
Before we got to the market, we sat on the beach for about a half hour and relaxed. Stacey kept saying she was going to buy a swim suit and go for a swim but ended up wading instead.
Finally we wandered into the market. As we were walking thru, I saw these 4 men all wearing White shirts, ties, and slacks.
They definitely stood out. I said to Stacey, that is Elder Oaks. She didn't really believe me so I went back by them. When I heard him speak, I knew it was him. We stopped and talked to them for a minute and introduced ourselves and shook hands with him and the others. We were thinking that we would get to hear him speak on Sunday at the District Conference (Like Stake Conference) but they told us they were here for another conference and wouldn't be attending our meeting. At any rate, it really shows what a very small world we live in. Here we are 10,000 miles from home and we run into someone for Utah.
Stacey found what she was looking for and we hopped a Taxi back to our Hotel.
We had on the Agenda to see the Hong Kong Medical Museum. When we asked the Concierge, He said that it was very difficult to find and that it was very small. He wrote the address on a piece of paper in Chinese and told us to give it to the Taxi Driver. We winded and went up and down hills and streets until we got to ladder Street.
We climbed the long stairs up and finally found it. It was an old Hospital that had been converted into an museum and it was very interesting.
It talked about that Hong Kong was the place that they discovered the cause for the
Food was cheep today. We ate the hotel breakfast, had fruit and granola bars for lunch and Tea/ hor de vors in the executive lounge for dinner. We just couldn't face looking for a place to eat. It will be long time before I crave Chinese food at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment